Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) is an autonomous corporation and its Administrative Ministry is the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The corporation sets up hospitals independently and in cooperation with the state government or other private organizations, but the majority of dispensaries and hospitals are run by respective state governments.
Indian workers are generally exposed to many health-related situations such as sickness, maternity, disability, etc. which results in loss of earnings fully or fractionally.
ESIC is a health insurance and self-financing social security program for Indian workers. It is a Statutory Body and, if you are looking for a well-paid job, then ESIC Exam can be one of the go-to options.
ESIC conducts National Level Entrance Examination for Graduated candidates and it enables them to find a career in various fields under segments like ESIC UDC Recruitment, ESIC LDC Recruitment, ESIC MTS Recruitment, Stenographer, Paramedical etc.
- Pattern Of Examination – The ESIC selection process has stages depending upon the post you have applied for. The selection process for stenographer has two stages known as Phase-I (Main) and Phase-II (Computer Skill Test & Stenography Test). Phase-I (Prelims), Phase-II (Main) and Phase-III (Computer Skill Test) are three stages for UDC (Upper Division Clerk) post. It should be noted that each stage comprises the provision of negative marking.
- The amalgamation of UDC ( Upper Division Clerk) exam
Phase I (Prelims):- An online objective test, conducted for 1 hour and is fragmented into four sections which are General Intelligence & Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, with 25 questions in each.
Phase-II (Main):– This is also an online objective test consisting of four portions similarly as in prelims, but 50 questions in each with two hours of period.
Phase-III (Computer Skill Test):- This is a Computer Skill Test, conducted for 30 minutes and composed of three segments, assigned different marks for each.
- Stenographer exam is bifurcated into two Phases.
Phase-I: An Online Objective Test, divided into three sections which are General Awareness, Reasoning, English Language and Comprehension, conducted under the sectional period.
Phase-II:- In this phase computer skill and stenography tests are conducted and both tests are qualifying in nature.
- Course Outline: ESIC exam is a National Level Entrance Exam, which is conducted once in a year. ESIC syllabus is echeloned in segments which are classified as follows,
General Intelligence:- Semantic classification, Venn Diagram, Figural Analogy, Number Series, Relationship Concepts etc.
English Comprehension:- Spot the error, Close Passage, Idioms & Phrases, Synonyms/Antonyms, Shuffling of sentence part etc
Quantitative Aptitude:- Decimal & Fraction, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Average, Simple & Compound Interest etc.
General Awareness:- Indian constitution, Award & Honors, Books & Authors, Art & Culture, Sports & Games etc.
Computer Skill Test:- PowerPoint Slide Preparation, typing on MS Word with formatting, MS Excel table preparation with Formulas.
Stenography Test:- This test is conducted for 10 minutes with a speed of 80 words per minute in Hindi or English, followed by one hour for transcription of the same on a computer.
- Recruitment Eligibility:- Candidates with an age limit of 18-35 years are eligible to apply for ESIC and should be the citizen of India/Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet. According to the different posts, there is an education criterion for each, which is mentioned below
Junior Engineer:- Pretender must have a degree or diploma in Civil/Electrical Engineering.
Insurance Medical Officer:- Candidates must be from Medical background.
Stenographer: Candidates having typing speed of 80 WPM in English or Hindi Language and have completed their intermediate/12th from a recognized board.
UDC:- Candidate must have completed bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and must have basic computer knowledge.
MTS:- Aspirant must have cleared at least matriculation from a recognized board.
The link for downloading the ESIC Admit Card and Results are always accessible on the homepage or career section of the official website. In order to get access to ESIC UDC admit Card, ESIC Stenographer admit card, ESIC MTS Results etc., candidates can log in using their credentials on the website.